Monday, January 26, 2009

US Airport Map

To say I like to travel is a pretty big understatement. I seem to spend all of my non-travel time thinking about where I'll go next. Sometimes my trips are off the beaten path or in the middle of nowhere, so it can be a challenge to figure out the nearest airports for some ticket comparison shopping. No longer! My latest creation is a map of all US airports with commercial service! I know what you're thinking, "Christine, why don't you do useful things with your time?!" I actually think a lot of people will find this useful; at least hopefully.


View Larger Map

Directions
For those not too familiar with Google Maps, I think the following is a good way of using this overlay.
  • Log in to Google

  • Go to the map

  • Click "Save to My Maps" in the upper right corner of the Left-hand panel

  • Click the checkbox next to "Airports - US"

  • Search for your destination

  • Zoom out to see the nearest airports

Hopefully that'll work for everyone. If you don't have a Google account... well, you should get one, because Gmail rocks.
If you have any comments, suggestions, corrections, etc, leave me a comment!
Enjoy and happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment