I don't claim to be a good cook, or anything of the sort, but a few months ago I made salmon with an orange ginger glaze. Not surprisingly, it was amazing. :)
Salmon is great and everything, but Jimmy and I really like tofu. So we took that recipe and turned it into coconut lime tofu!
Here's the deal:
- Boil 1 cup of limeade with some chopped up ginger root. (The orange juice from the original recipe reduced to about 1/2, but the limeade won't reduce quite that much.) I think we threw in some garlic too.
- Cut up a package of firm tofu into cubes, and place in one of those spiffy oven safe glass pans.
yay tofu and limeade!
- After the limeade and ginger look sufficiently boiled, pour it over the tofu cubes in the pan.
- Sprinkle some shredded coconut on top!
- Bake it for a while... Original recipe says 400°F for 15ish minutes. When the coconut on top looks crispy, I think it's done!
Aaaand that's it! Go make me some coconut lime (ginger) tofu! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment